Telehealth and Telepsychology
Learn more about suicide risk prevention and treatment by telehealth and telepsychology. Review our ongoing series of articles and resources.
CAMS-care Resources on Telehealth and Telepsychology
Telehealth: A Critical Tool for Treating Suicidal Risk On-Demand Webinar
In this hour-long webinar, Dr. David Jobes, the creator of the Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicidality, discusses the benefits of telehealth using evidenced based treatment.
Treating Suicidal College Students Using Telepsychology On-Demand Webinar
This video presentation hosted by Dr. David Jobes features CAMS-care expert consultant Dr. Melinda Moore. Dr. Moore presents on the telepsychology use of CAMS for treating suicidal college students.
Treating Suicidal Risk Using Telepsychology On-Demand Webinar
Dr. David Jobes responds to the telepsychology use of CAMS and the Suicide Status Form within a virtual modality. Learn how you can continue to treat suicidal patients using telepsychology.
Protocol for Using the CAMS Framework™ within Telepsychology
The Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicidality (CAMS) has been successfully administered using telepsychology in a variety of settings. Learn more about the protocol.
Additional Resources on Telehealth and Telepsychology
Resources and research in the field of suicidology
- COVID Guidance: Screening for Suicide Risk during Telehealth Visits (PDF)
- Editorial Reflections on Suicidal Ideation (PDF)
- The COVID-19 Pandemic and Treating Suicidal Risk: The Telepsychotherapy Use of CAMS (PDF)
- A Preliminary Look at the Mental Health and Substance Use-related Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic (PDF)
- Live psychotherapy by video versus in-person: A meta-analysis of efficacy and its relationship to types and targets of treatment (PDF)
- Using a Tablet-Based App to Deliver Evidence-Based Practices for Suicidal Patients in the Emergency Department: Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial (PDF)
- Jaspr Health: Suicide Prevention at Point of Care
- APA: Informed consent checklist for telepsychological services
- NASW: Telemental Health: Legal Considerations for Social Workers
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Policy Regarding the Provision of Distance Professional Services (PDF)